The light switches and electrical outlets provide access to electricity where it is needed and allow you to easily control lighting and other devices.
At Platinum Electric, we offer
services for outlets and switches in Orangevale, CA and surrounding areas. Whether you have a problem with an outlet or need new switches and outlets installed, our electricians provide quality services that meet all code requirements.
If you need your home's outlets and switches in Orangevale, CA installed or repaired, we deliver the services you need from qualified electricians at a reasonable price. If you need them replaced, we can advise you of the options and provide a free estimate.
Get in touch with Platinum Electric at (916) 304-1555 for all your electrical needs.
New outlets and switches may be needed for a number of reasons aside from damage to the outlet such as:
- Not enough outlets
- Existing outlets no in an ideal location
There are many options for electrical outlets, including:
- Standard outlets
- GFCI outlets
- Tamper-proof outlets
If you need new switches installed, there are a variety of choices for standard switches, dimmers, and smart home controls that allow you to control your lighting from your smartphone.
Electrical outlets and light switches can last for many years before they need to be replaced. The length of time an outlet will last depends on how often it is used. Outlets that are rarely used last longer than those that are used all the time.
Warning signs of trouble with an outlet include:
- Dead outlets: If you have one or more outlets that don’t work at all, it can be a signal of a larger problem with the electrical system.
- Cracks or damage: An outlet or outlet cover that is cracked, broken, or damaged is a potential electrical hazard and should be replaced.
- Burn or scorch marks: An outlet that feels warm or hot to the touch and has discoloration on the outlet or faceplate needs attention. Don’t use the outlet until an electrician has inspected and fixed it.
- Two-pronged outlets: Older homes may have two-pronged outlets, rather than three-pronged outlets. These outlets lack a ground wire, which is an important safety feature.
- Sparking: If you see sparks or smoke coming from an outlet, do not wait to call an emergency electrician. If possible, turn off the breaker that powers the sparking outlet to avoid electrical fire.
- Plugs falling out: As outlets age, components can wear out. This can result in plugs falling out of the outlet when you plug something in.
- No GFCI outlets: GFCI outlets are required in kitchens, bathrooms, and other areas where water can come in contact with electricity. If your home doesn’t have GFCI outlets, your electrician can install them.
Your switches and outlets are essential components of your electrical system, and any concerns regarding electricity should be addressed immediately. If you have noticed any of the above signs of trouble, call Platinum Electric for a licensed electrician.
“While his pre-work communication was below average, he did have good pricing and I found his work to be of good quality.”- Plain S.